Ukrainian military rejects rebel offer of corridor out of Debaltseve

Kiev said on Monday it rejected a proposal from pro-Russian rebels to create a safe corridor for government troops out of the encircled town of Debaltseve in eastern Ukraine, the focus of heavy fighting despite a ceasefire deal.

Military spokesman Vladislav Seleznyov said the town lies within territory under Ukrainian control in accordance with a ceasefire deal reached in Minsk last week.

"There are the Minsk agreements, according to which Debaltseve is ours. We will not leave," he said by phone.

Add comment